For the Polenta:
- 2 cups low-sodium chicken broth or water
- 1/2 cup polenta
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh sage
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh pineapple
- Vegetable oil, for brushing
For the Sauce:
- 1 stick unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh pineapple
- Chopped fresh parsley, for garnish
Make the polenta: Bring the broth to a boil in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Gradually whisk in the polenta and cook, whisking, until thick and creamy. Season with salt and pepper and stir in the sage and pineapple. Brush a 9-inch square baking dish with vegetable oil; add the polenta and spread evenly. Press a piece of plastic wrap on the surface of the polenta and refrigerate until firm, at least 1 hour.
Make the sauce: Melt the butter in a small skillet over medium-low heat and cook until brown flecks appear. Remove from the heat and stir in the pineapple.
Preheat a grill or grill pan to medium and brush with vegetable oil. Cut the polenta into 12 squares and grill until marked, 2 to 3 minutes per side.
To serve drizzle with the butter sauce and garnish with parsley.