In a medium bowl, combine chicken and 1 TBS. Creole seasoning, set aside. In another medium bowl, combine shrimp and 1 TBS Creole seasoning, set aside.
- 2 pounds boneless chicken breasts, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 3 TBS Creole seasoning, divided
- 2 pounds large fresh shrimp, peeled and deveined (tails left on)
- ¼ cup olive oil, divided
- 1 pound andouille sausage, cut into ½ inch thick slices
- 2 cups chopped yellow onion
- 1 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 3 cups long-grain white rice
- 1 TBS. minced garlic
- 2 quarts chicken broth
- 2 cans fire-roasted diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 TBS. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. hot pepper sauce
- 3 bay leaves
Heat 2 TBS. olive oil over medium high heat. Add chicken and sausage; cook for 10 – 12 minutes, stirring frequently, or until browned. Remove chicken and sausage from pan and set aside.
Heat remaining 2 TBS olive oil over medium heat. Add onion, peppers, celery and 1 TBS. Creole seasoning. Cook for 5 minutes, or until tender. Add rice and garlic, cook for 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
Add reserved chicken, sausage, chicken broth, tomatoes, Worcestershire sauce, salt, hot pepper sauce and bay leaves, stirring to combine.
Reduce heat to medium low. Cook, covered for 30 – 35 minutes, stirring occasionally until rice is tender.
Add reserved shrimp; cover and cook for 5 more minutes or until shrimp are pink and firm. Discard bay leaves. Serve as a main course or a side.